Semiconductor industry economic mission to Phoenix and Silicon Valley03.12 - 08.12.2023
Are you globally active in the semiconductor industry? Would you like to know more about the innovation ecosystem in the United States and looking for business opportunities? Taking part in the economic mission to Phoenix and Silicon Valley, from 3 to 8 December 2023 might very well be the opportunity for you.
Prime Minister Mark Rutte and Minister of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy, Micky Adriaansens, intend to join the mission. The chairman of VNO-NCW, Ingrid Thijssen, is the business mission leader.
Cooperation between The Netherlands and the United States
The Netherlands and the United States are world leaders in the semiconductor industry. Both countries invest in the development and the ecosystem of these advanced technologies. During this mission we will explore the possibilities for further cooperation in the field of trade, investment and innovation. This gives you a great opportunity to gain leads for your organisation.
Opportunities in the United States for Dutch companies
The Phoenix region invests heavily in the local semiconductor industry, with tens of billions of investments in new factories from Intel and TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited), among others.
Dutch companies such as ASMI, NXP Semiconductors (former semiconductor division of Philips) and ASML also invest heavily in Phoenix. As a result, there is ample opportunity for Dutch companies to do business there.
There are also many opportunities for Dutch companies in Silicon Valley. Major companies such as NVIDIA, Microsoft, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and Google provide the enormous innovative power of the semiconductor industry in the Valley.
The economic mission is focused around start-ups, scale-ups, SMEs, multinationals and knowledge institutions active in the semiconductor industry, in particular in the following areas:
- Semiconductor equipment and production (such as front end, back end, packaging and testing).
- Chip design.
- Production chain/supply chain.
- Research & Development.
Participation is open to Dutch organizations that fit within the set-up and focus of this economic mission. A limited number of organizations can participate in this mission. If there is more interest than there are places, we will make a selection. Registration and the automatic confirmation of receipt therefore do not mean that you are automatically admitted to the economic mission.
We especially encourage female entrepreneurs to participate.
By participating in this Semiconductor Industry Economic Mission to Phoenix and Silicon Valley:
- You gain access to the innovation ecosystem of Phoenix and Silicon Valley. We visit major American companies such as Microsoft, NVIDIA, Stanford University, Intel, Applied Materials, Arizona State University, SEMI and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD).
- You can get in touch with important American organizations, partners, companies and potential customers, in the presence of the Prime Minister and the Minister of Economic Affairs.
- You will have the opportunity to sign cooperation agreements or contracts in the presence of the Prime Minister and the Minister of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy.
- You will gain business insight in the US market, especially in the semiconductor industry.
- You can share knowledge and collaborate with participants within and outside the delegation.
- A number of program components coincide with a Flemish semiconductor mission that takes place at the same time.
PhotonDelta ecosystem participation
- Delft University of Technology
- Demcon high-tech systems
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- NXP Semiconductors
- PHIX B.V
- Salland Engineering
- SMART Photonics
- University of Twente
This economic mission will take place from December 3 to 8, 2023 in Phoenix and San Francisco. The mission program consists of general and more specific components.
Branch organizations such as HighTechNL prepare the company visits, for example to companies in the (integrated) photonics industry, production, chip design and packaging. Research & Development and joint innovation are central to this.
Some program components may take place at the same time. In that case we ask participants to make a choice in advance.
Participation and costs
Please indicate your interest in the mission to Phoenix and Silicon Valley before 1 September 2023.
Do you have questions about this mission? Then please contact:
Ka Keung Leung, Project Manager at RVO
Sandra Pompe, Project Manager at RVO
T: +31 (0)6-11525837