Project Associate (0,8-1 fte)28 March 2023
Do you take the lead in driving multiple activities in a dynamic context into a successful delivery? Do you have experience and background of working in a multidisciplinary team and do you see the big picture, while attending to important details? And most importantly, are you ready for your next professional adventure? PhotonDelta needs your project management skills to further accelerate the photonic chip industry.
In April 2022, PhotonDelta’s proposal for the Dutch National Growth Fund was successfully awarded €1.1 billion. These funds are designated for the expansion of the ecosystem, industrialized production, and the development of application technology. Think of scaling production and research facilities, attracting and training talent and driving adoption of photonic chip technology.
This is where you come in! As a Project Associate, you’ll be responsible for the successful implementation of projects and activities across the core program pillars of PhotonDelta’s Internationalization team. You will be in close collaboration and coordination with colleagues in other departments, as well as with external stakeholders.
Your task is to get on track with ongoing projects and activities, co-define the scope of the project, create a solid project plan and guard progress in time towards deliverables. Delivering project deliverables smoothly and timely is one of your responsibilities. That may include organizing events, ensuring accurate reporting and documentation when relevant. You are also making draft project reports, keeping accurate minutes of meetings and follow-up on key agreements and outcomes. You will actively identify and manage risks in your project and report on progress to management.
On a day-to-day basis, you will
- Drive and run timely implementation of projects and activities within the department.
- Bring project management competencies to budget monitoring and reporting.
- Be in close contact with colleagues in admin and marcom on progress of activities & joint planning of those.
- Support with communication and follow-up with external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with organizational processes and procedures in implementation and filing.
You’ll work with:
- The fun and friendly PhotonDelta team!
- The multidisciplinary project teams with various partners of our ecosystem.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- Between 3-5 years of experience in project management.
- Good knowledge of project management (e.g., Lean, Agile, Scrum).
- You can communicate both in English and Dutch.
- You are a team player, proactive and can work independently.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Availability to work between 32 and 40 hours per week.
- Familiarity with tools like Office 365 is a pré.
Wait… what actually is integrated photonics?
Glad you asked (!).
Photonic technology detects, generates, transports and processes light. Current uses include lasers, sensors, and fiber-optic networks.
Photonic Integrated Circuits (PICs) combine two or more photonic functions into a single chip to create new, faster, and more energy efficient devices. PICs are highly effective at processing and transmitting data. They can also be integrated alongside traditional electronic chips and offer solutions for e.g., the expansion of 5G data networks and data centres, safer autonomous driving vehicles, and more efficient food production.
Who is PhotonDelta?
PhotonDelta was created by mandate of the Dutch government in December 2018 to accelerate the emerging Dutch integrated photonics industry. It was granted €240 million to execute the national plan for photonics (2018) and landed €1.1 billion in public and private investment to further grow the industry (2022).
With the PhotonDelta brand we represent an ecosystem of organizations that researches, designs, develops, and manufactures solutions with integrated photonics technology. Connecting pioneers in the field with investors, and viable markets, PhotonDelta helps to take the industry forward with funding, internationalisation, R&D roadmaps and marketing services.
What we do:
- We’re building an ecosystem of organizations which design, develop and manufacture world-class innovative solutions based on integrated photonic technology.
- We actively support our partners with coaching, funding, and market access.
- We promote the uptake of photonic integrated chips worldwide, across a range of industries as well as the academic world.
- A key role in a small, dynamic organization which is making a big global impact.
- Personalized professional development through training and workshops.
- Competitive salary linked to experience.
- No less than 37 vacation days (25 + 12 ADV).
- Flexible working between home and our office at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven.
Apply for this job:
Email your CV and a covering letter to office[at]photondelta.com. We are very much looking forward to your motivation – why you would like to work at PhotonDelta.
We’re also happy to answer any questions you have about the role. You can ask Karin Appeldoorn, Office manager at PhotonDelta, any questions you may have. Karin can be reached at +31 (0)85 112 43 37 or office[at]photondelta.com.