Ecosystem Manager13 July 2023
Are you ready to make an impact in an area that is set to dominate the next generation of tech hardware? PhotonDelta needs you to further accelerate the industry of photonic chips!
PhotonDelta is a growth accelerator for the photonic chip industry. Photonic chips, also known as Photonic Integrated Circuits (PICs) are chips that use photons instead of electrons to sense, process and transmit data at unparalleled speed and sensitivity. The use of PICs allows for the creation of devices that are smaller, faster, and more energy-efficient and can contribute to solving various societal and technological challenges, such as reducing the energy consumption of data centres, safe autonomous driving, cost-effective monitoring of diseases, and more efficient food production.
Over the years, PhotonDelta established an ecosystem of organisations that research, design, develop, and manufacture photonic chip technology. PhotonDelta actively supports the ecosystem by stimulating collaboration between partners, providing funding and connecting them with viable markets.
The PhotonDelta ecosystem over the years has evolved into a collaborative group of over 60 organisations that together form a supply-chain that can design, develop and manufacture photonic chip technology.
In April 2022, PhotonDelta’s proposal for the Dutch national growth fund was successfully awarded €1.1 billion. These funds are designated for the expansion of the ecosystem, industrialized production, and the development of application technology. Think of scaling production and research facilities, attract and train talent and drive adoption of photonic chip technology.
As an Ecosystem Manager, you will be at the heart of our ecosystem, fostering strong relationships between our partners, facilitating collaborations, and driving initiatives that enhance our collective capabilities in the industry. This role requires a strategic thinker with excellent relationship management skills, a good understanding of the photonic chip industry, and the ability to navigate complex, multi-stakeholder environments. We use the OKR method to ensure the ecosystem is aligned with the PhotonDelta strategy. As an Ecosystem Manager you will be the OKR guardian and keep track of progress, create alignment and encourage engagement around measurable goals.
- Act as the primary point of contact for ecosystem members, addressing their needs and concerns.
- Facilitate collaborations between industry members, research institutions, and startups within the ecosystem.
- Identify potential new partners and establish partnerships that align with PhotonDelta’s strategic goals.
- Identify bottlenecks that may hinder growth within the ecosystem, develop solutions to overcome these challenges, and coordinate with the PhotonDelta team and external partners to implement these solutions.
- Organize events, workshops, and forums to foster knowledge sharing and innovation within the ecosystem, such as the CEO Summits and Delta Dialogues.
- Introduce and manage the OKR system as central to the operating model and culture of the ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, Engineering, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in ecosystem or community management, preferably in a technical environment.
- Good knowledge of the integrated photonics industry and current trends.
- Understanding of the OKR framework and being able to implement objectives and key results and apply them.
- Proven ability to manage relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and strategic thinking skills.
- Fluent in English. Proficiency in Dutch and other European languages is a plus.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to shape the future of the Dutch photonic chip industry.
- A key role in a small, dynamic organization where you can make a big impact.
- A dynamic, innovative, and international working environment.
- Personalized professional development through training and workshops.
- Competitive salary and benefits linked to experience.
- Flexible working between home and our office at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven.
Apply for this job
Email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are very much looking forward to your motivation – why you would like to work at PhotonDelta.
We’re also happy to answer any questions you have about the role. You can ask Jorn Smeets, Chief Marketing Officer at PhotonDelta, any questions you may have.
PhotonDelta is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.